Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch Repairs – FastFixTN, Watch Repair Limited Warranty
Fast-Fix offers a limited repair warranty according to the level of service that was provided on your watch:
Quartz Watch Overhaul or Repair – 1 year coverage from date of invoice.
Mechanical or Automatic Watch Overhaul or Repair 1 year coverage from date of invoice. This warranty only covers the parts installed at the time of repair.
Solar or Kinetic Watch capacitor replacement – the capacitor/battery is covered for 1 year from date of invoice.
Watch Battery Service Plans
- One Time Battery Service – the watch battery is warrantied for 6 months of coverage from date of invoice.
- 5 Year Battery Service is limited to replacement of the battery free from the date of invoice for 5 years. This is not a battery that will last for 5 years but a warranty that we will replace it during those 5 years.
- Life Time Battery Service is limited to replacement of the battery free from the date of invoice for life of the watch. This is not a battery that will last for the life of the watch but a warranty that we will replace it during the life of the watch.
As quartz watches age they will require a full overhaul or repair. Quartz Watch Overhauls or Repairs are a separate and extensive service outside of a Watch Battery Service Plan
Parts Replaced – during the service performed on the customers watch are warranted to be free from defects and if found defective will be replaced at no charge to the customer. Damage caused by the defective parts is not covered under any warranty. Fast-Fix does not make parts for watches and therefore cannot guarantee the quality of any part. Fast-Fix uses only the highest quality parts available from the industries best suppliers and manufacturers. Parts that are not replaced during service are not warranted. Labor is not warranted.
Exclusions of Warranty – The following are not covered under by our limited warranty:
- Balance Staffs
- Crowns and Stems
- Damage from Abuse, Neglect, Modification, Shock
- Damage caused by defective parts.
- Parts not replaced by Fast-Fix
- Repairs made by anyone other than Fast-Fix, opening of the watch by anyone other than Fast-Fix
- Water Damage
- Watch Bracelets and Watch Bands
- Water Resistance – We may pressure test your watch if that service is purchased and will verify that your watch passed the ISO standards for your watch before it has left Fast-Fix. We cannot guarantee water resistance after it leaves because we have no control over what might happen to the watch once it leaves Fast-Fix.
What not to do With Your Watch – Doing any of the following will void your limited warranty and may severely damage your watch:
- Expose your watch to oils or solvents.
- Expose your watch to chemicals like Chlorine for pools and any other chemical.
- Shower with your watch on. Do not expose your watch to soapy, hot, high pressure water
- Wear your watch in a Hot Tub
- Wear your watch in a Sauna
- Leave your watch in the pocket of your clothes and then wash/dry your clothes.
- Drop your watch from several feet high where it lands on a hard surface. Certainly not from several stories high onto any surface.
- Run over the watch with your car.
- Leave the screw down crown unscrewed and then submerse the watch in any liquid.
- Operate any push buttons under water or when the watch is wet.
- Operate the crown on your watch while it is under water or wet.
- Try to open the watch to see what was done or what is wrong.
- Have a different company or watchmaker open your watch to see what is wrong or what was done.
- Subject your watch to extreme hard vibrations like when you pull start a chainsaw or lawn mower or any other kind of sudden hard shock.
Note, that not even the original manufacturer will warranty your watch in any of these instances.
Cases Where Full Repair and Accuracy is Not Possible
There are certain cases that, even after everything is properly repaired by Fast-Fix, your watch may not be able to be regulated with a high level of accuracy. This is especially true with vintage watches, watches that have been neglected, severely damaged, or improperly repaired by another person or service, or not been properly kept or serviced prior to sending to Fast-Fix. In this case, Fast-Fix will work with you to get the best possible results, so long as you’re willing to work with us.
This warranty is only for the original repair service and does not extend past any warranty work performed. No further warranty is provided after warranty repair is performed.
Your complete warranty will be provided when your watch is returned to you. The warranty on your specific watch may have restrictions or modifications depending on your watch and its condition. The warranty provided with your watch supersedes the above warranty.